Saturday, May 23, 2009

Blue Cheese & Tomato Dip

This is for the "Go To Appetizer Request"
I have already posted a few of my 'go to' favs - Texas Caviar, Artichoke Dip and Chili Con Queso Dip. I make Texas Caviar and Artichoke Dip because they are super easy and delicious. I make the Queso by request - a bit hit!! This next recipe I got from my friend JenO - she made it for every baby shower or bridal shower for years - always by request - always a winner.

Blue Cheese and Tomato Dip
1 can petite diced tomatoes
1 small container crumbled blue cheese or gorgonzola
1/3 c Balsamic vinegar
1/3 c EVOO
Crush as much garlic as you think you can stand
Mix all ingredients and serve at room temperature. Right before serving, throw a couple of teaspoons of sugar to cut the acidity. Serve with bread chunks or crackers.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails