Thursday, May 21, 2009

Chicken Tacos

I just wanted to let you all know that I tried the chicken tacos recipe from Jen, with a few add in's on my part. I used chicken tenders in the crockpot instead of full breasts (you know the skinny ones, boneless, skinless), they only took about 3 hours! Awesome! Anyway, I also used homemade salsa I canned last year. I used a bottle and a half of it, LOTS of sour cream, and green chilis. They turned out amazingly. The only thing I need to add is a little bit of cayenne pepper or chili powder next time. The sour cream toned downed the spice in the salsa quite a bit, and I would like a LITTLE kick to it. I also took the advice to use black beans and corn. However, I was with Jen on the leftover thing, so I just put those in a pan together and heated them up to add seperately, but I was greatful for the suggestion. We added fresh tomoatoes, shredded lettuce, avocado as well. We have plenty for leftovers too. Thanks for all the suggestions, it totally hit the craving spot!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails