Thursday, May 21, 2009

Easy Crescent Rolls

Everyone has a recipe for crescent rolls. I grew up with my Mom’s amazing crescent rolls. They were so delicious – and always the first thing to go. They are also extremely labor intensive, so much so that they were only made for holiday’s. That being said… a few years ago, I got this recipe from my sister. She promised “better than Mom’s and so easy it’s ridiculous” I was curious – better than my Mom’s? Little labor? Was this possible? I actually made these rolls as almost a dare – there is no way there are rolls out there that are better than my Mom’s – and that are super easy. She was right (as all big sisters are). Delicious and so easy - great when you take dinner to a friend. I make these rolls at least twice a month. I make a batch of ‘small’ ones for dinner and a batch of ‘big ones’ for sandwiches. It’s all in the ‘cut’ The picture shows the 2 sizes.

Megan’s Favorite Rolls
4 t yeast
½ c melted shortening (cooled)
1 ½ c warm water
1 ½ t salt
3 eggs
4 ½ c flour
Dissolve yeast in water. Add all other ingredients. Stir and let rise 2 hours. Split in half. Roll out on floured surface in a circle. Brush with butter. Cut into 12 slices. Roll up from the end. Let rise 1 more hour. Bake at 350 for 10 to 15 minutes – until just golden on top.
*shortening – room temp – I’ll microwave it for about 30 seconds right when I start – it’ll be cooled by the time you are ready for it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails