Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Restocking

The other night, I was doing my ‘restocking’ of the fridge – when my friend Courtney stopped by. She asked if I was starting a catering business! I laughed and she said ‘well, if not, what the heck are you doing?’

I am fairly sure most people have their own method of ‘restocking’ but she didn’t and joked – ‘why do you keep these secrets from me?’ haha. She asked me to post my routine – and I want to know what your routine is – or how you deal with all the munch mouths of your life?

RESTOCKING
I make 3 or 4 batches of pasta (all kinds and sizes) after I drain them, I add butter to keep the noodles soft.
Dice: tomatoes, onions, ham, chicken, cheese
Put in little snack sized baggies: carrots, cucumbers, cheese, (also pretzels, cereal, popcorn, etc. but those don’t go in the fridge! haha)
Make salad dressings: Tomatillo ranch, regular ranch and honey lime
Make sauces (for the pasta): marinara, alfredo, cheese (Velveeta, milk, pepper),

Put them all in clear Tupperware containers – and into the fridge they go!

It has completely simplified my life! Meals and snacks are all ready to be assembled fast. It has also helped me make better meals and snacks – because the tedious work is already done!

*I don’t have a certain day of the week – just when things are looking a bit low – probably 2 or 3 times a month.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails