Monday, May 11, 2009

Spice Coated Pork Tenderloin

My husband comes from a family of excellent cooks. There is nothing they don't know how to cook, and they cook it well. I've always been intimidated to cook meat. One, I don't know how to do it very well, and two, it's hard to impress my husband. My father-in-law is great at cooking meat. When we lived in Ohio a friend gave me a recipe for Pork Tenderloin, it is very easy (fool proof), and even impressed my father-in-law when I made it for him on one of their visits.\

Spice-coated Pork Tenderloin

2 Tbs. chili powder
2 Tbs. packed dark brown sugar
1 1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 (3/4 lb.) pork tenderloin
1 1/2 Tbs. oil

Heat oven to 400 degrees. In a small bowl, stir together chili powder, brown sugar, salt, cumin and cinnamon. Sprinkle pork with spice mixture, pressing onto all sides.

Heat large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add oil; heat until hot. Add pork and cook 3-5 minutes or until browned on all sides. Place on jellyroll pan and put into oven. Bake 12-15 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees. Place on cutting board and cover loosely with foil. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.

* I buy my tenderloin at Sams Club. Two tenderloins come packages together, so I cook two like the recipe calls for and then freeze the other. If you buy at Sams Club, you get two packages, which is 4 tenderloins. My friend who gave me the recipe just always watched for her tenderloin to go on sale at her favorite grocery store.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails