Thursday, May 7, 2009

Teriyaki Lime Chicken

Ok, so this one is one of our absolute favorites for grilling season! I don't have exact measurements, but I've never given them to anyone and no one has ever messed it up. I don't think that would be possible.

Ingredients:
~Your favorite Teriyaki marinade
~One lime (you use the zest and/or the juice from the real lime)
~Lime juice (in those little plastic limes from the grocery store)***Optional, if you prefer you can use the juice from the real lime, but I prefer the lime juice concentrate because it adds a little more flavor, but I've done it both ways and they are both delicious.
~Bacon strips- Raw
~Toothpicks (Soak them in water for 10-20 minutes so they don't burn on the grill)
~Chicken

Put it together:
~Marinate your chicken in the teriyaki. Add as much or as little lime juice as you want. Then add the zest of the fresh lime (I usually only do about half of the lime and then cut up the rest for garnish for your water or drink).
~When your chicken is marinated, and you are ready to cook it, Wrap the raw bacon around the raw marinated chicken and insert WET toothpicks to hold the bacon into place. Then grill the chicken with bacon attached. YUMMY!
~I'm an all day marinator kind of girl, I love all the flavor but you can do it however you see fit.

I usually serve with rice or some type of potatoe, but this makes a great easy BBQ very festive and I've never met a person that doesn't LOVE this recipe.
~One final tip, I've found that hickory bacon adds a little more sweetness to the chicken too. I hope you all enjoy! Please comment often and Soon!!

~Krystal

P.S WE NEED MORE AUTHORS~ Leave a comment with who you are, who you know from our blog and your email address and we will add you!
Also, I'm no expert but if anyone has any questions about someone's recipe please leave the question and whoever submitted it will clarify.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails