Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Creamy Basil Dressing

When we lived in SLC, one of our favorite restaurants was the Red Butte Café. So yummy. Their ‘house’ dressing was a Creamy Basil. It. Was. So. Good. Now that I live too far to frequent that joint – I made up my version – an ‘Ode to Red Butte Cafe's Creamy Basil House Dressing’ or 'OTRBC'sCBHD' for short!

Creamy Basil Dressing
½ c sour cream
1 c mayonnaise
½ c milk
1 c pesto
1 T apple cider vinegar
1 t Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper to taste

The dressing will keep in your fridge for 3+ weeks.

Mix all together and voila! I have served this over green salad, spinach salad and I’ve even heated it up in the microwave and used it as a pasta sauce – holy moly. The pesto I use is the Kirkland brand jar of pesto – when I bring it home, I just put a meal size portions into little jam jars and freeze them.

*I LOVE the fresh factor of pesto so I use a lot – you may want to try it ¼ c at a time.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails