Monday, June 22, 2009

Italian Breaded Pork Chops

For Father's Day my hubs always gets to choose the menu. Per his request, I made my 'Potato Crust Quiche' for breakfast and he requested pork chops for dinner. I am no fan of pork chops - probably my least favorite thing on the planet to eat. But - it was Father's Day so I had to oblige. I wanted to try a new recipe that kicks the old 'chop' up - and I found this. I really wish I could remember where I found it - I need to be better about giving credit where it's due! I think that I found it through "Nanny Goat" a while back they had a recipe swap. Nanny Goat is the funnest blog! A recent find - 2 sisters (pretty sure they are Utah based) that have a TON of crafty ideas. Check it out at www.littlenannygoat.blogspot.com

Back to business. I made these and the kids and I were pleasantly surprised how good they were! Hubs even went back for seconds - they were that good. I'll have to get this recipe into the mix again!


Italian Breaded pork chops
4-5 boneless pork chops
1 1/2 cups Italian bread crumbs
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup parsley
2 eggs
2 Tablespoons milk
olive oil
seasoning salt
garlic powder

In a shallow dish whip eggs and milk together. In a second shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and parsley.
Season each pork chop (both sides) with seasoning salt and garlic powder.
Dip each pork chop in egg mixture then generously coat with bread crumb mixture.
Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Cook pork chops till breading becomes golden (couple min on each side).
Place pork chops in a baking dish and cook for 25 minutes at 325 degrees.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails