Monday, June 15, 2009

Potato Corn Chowder

I know that it's June and you would normally be thinking about some good BBQ but, with all the rain lately I was reminded of my favorite soup recipe. I got this recipe from Food Network about 2 years ago and it's a family favorite at my house. I always make this soup on the first day that we get snow.

2 tablespoons butter
EVOO
1 onion diced
2 garlic cloves minced
1/4 cup flour
6 cups vegetable broth
2 cups heavy cream
2 good size potatoes peeled and diced
2 1/2 cups corn

Heat the butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is good and soft, about 8 to 10 minutes. Dust the veggies with the flour and stir to coat everything well. Pour in the vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Add the cream and potatoes, bring to a boil and boil hard for about 10 minutes, until the potatoes break down. Add the corn and continue to boil until the corn is cooked. Salt and pepper to taste.

*you can also put some crumbled bacon on top.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails