Saturday, June 13, 2009

Recipe Contest

Yahoo! My recipe was chosen as a finalist in the "Summer Recipe Contest 2009" on I didn't sign up for this's http://www.shellystout.blogspot.com/ blog! Yippe! She chose my Caribbean Salad Recipe - yeah! She also chose another recipe called "Rio Sweet Pork" which I am certain is similar to my "Cafe Rio Pork Salad" recipe - yum. That girl has taste! She has some really awesome prizes - cross your fingers for me!!

Caribbean Salad

HONEY LIME DRESSING
1/4 c Grey Poupon mustard (the smooth kind)
1/4 c Honey
1 c Mayonnaise
1 T Sesame seed oil
1 1/2 T apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 t lime juice
1 1/2 T sugar
Blend all together, cover and chill. I make this a little ahead so the flavors have time to mesh. I usually double the recipe - it keeps for about a month.

SALAD
Lettuce (I use romain)
Corn
Black beans
Tortilla chips
Mandarin oranges
Pineapple chunks
Your favorite teriyaki sauce (mine is Yoshidas)
chicken
pico de gallo (or like tonight - I just used fresh salsa and drained the juice out of it)
and I add cucumber

Marinate the chicken in Teriyaki sauce for atleast 2 hours - grill and cube. Add all other components - and try not to drool before you take your first bite.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails