Monday, July 6, 2009

Jerk Chicken Wraps

This is a combo of a recipe I already had and some creative food cravings I had last summer. I hope you all love it as much as we do. Yum!

4-6 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless best)
Jerk marinade (I've also used teriyaki if I am out of jerk)
Spinach tortillas or flour tortillas
Kosher salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp allspice
2-4 cups of cooked rice (I've used everything from long grain brown, to white minute rice)
diced pineapple (fresh of course tastes best, but I've used canned tidbits too)
1/4 c macadamian nuts (I've made it with them and without, better with, but they can be expensive so I leave them out a lot or substitute them for sliced almonds)
Fresh mint (I only use if it is summertime from the garden, otherwise it is fine left out)
Lime juice
~optional:
avocado
lettuce
tomatoes

Marinade chicken to your liking and grill. Dice chicken once it is grilled and put it in a zip lock bag. Add salt to your liking, cinnamon, allspice, and lime juice to liking, and mint if you are using it. Close zip lock bag and mix well until flavors are combined and chicken coated.
Put tortillas in a damp paper towell for 10-30 seconds on high in the microwave to soften. Each person can prepare their own wrap from here if desired. Put rice, pineapple, chicken mix, nuts, avocado, lettuce and tomatoes on center of tortilla and wrap. Enjoy!

~This recipe is super easy to tweak to your liking or allergies. Also, very easy to make vegetarian. You could use tofu or tofurkey or even soy patties with jerk sauce or just leave it off an make the wrap like a salad and add jerk sauce over ingredients before wrapping it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails