Sunday, July 26, 2009

Margarita Chicken

This is what I am making tonight:) I got it from www.shellystout.blogspot.com She did a recipe contest a while ago - and this was a finalist. I haven't made this before so I'll have to tell you what we think! I got the Margarita mix at the grocery store for $1.50 (didn't add the tequila). You only need 2 - 3 cups of it - so one bottle will stretch to make 2 dinners for my family (or 8 pieces of chicken).

Margarita Chicken
2 - 3 cups Margarita Mix
3 lbs boneless chicken breast
1 T chopped cilantro
1/2 T chopped garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
Cheese & your favorite salsa

Directions:Marinate Chicken, Cilantro and garlic in 2 cups of Margarita Mix (including Tequila) for 4-8 hours in the fridge. Drain chicken and season with salt and pepper, then grill the chicken. Serve topped with salsa and Cheese. (She says... this chicken is great on rice or in quesadillas and salads. Great left over!) I am excited to try it!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails