Monday, July 6, 2009

Mexican Lasagna

I got this recipe from one of our other contributors Jessica awhile ago. I've been waiting and waiting for her to maybe post it, but I'm stealing the glory Jess... sorry but it is super yummy and a never fail easy meal! I often use this as a fall back recipe on those short on time days. I've tweaked it a little bit, but it's mostly the same as Jess's.

1-pound ground beef
1 onion chopped (I use half )
1 (15 ounce) can stewed tomatoes- I've used regular and the mexican flavored ones.
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies (I use mild)
1 package taco seasoning
1 (14 ounce) can of corn (drained)
6-8 flour tortillas (Depends on the size of tortilla you use, if I use the big ones, I only need 4-6 usually.)
1 pound of cheddar cheese grated (I use Monterey jack and cheddar combo.)

~I also garnish with fresh tomatoes, sour cream and fresh green onion. I've even thrown avocado on top.

Preheat oven to 350. Brown ground beef with onion in a skillet; drain excess fat. Add stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, chilies, taco seasoning, and corn; simmer 10 minutes. In a 9X13 pan, layer tortillas, meat mixture and cheese (lasagna style). Bake 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Serve with Sour cream and salsa.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails