Friday, July 31, 2009

Bacon, Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Crescent Rolls

Last night for dinner I threw a couple of things I had on hand together. While we sat eating dinner - my 6 year old (pickiest eater in the universe) asked me "what is this called?" Since I just made it up I asked him "well, what would you call it?" His answer was "Super Delicious Yum Yum" what a silly kid.

This in another 'assembly line' meal - the only effort I had to put into it was shredding the cheese. With this recipe, you can use any protein, any kind of cheese, any kind of veggies - just whatever you have. This is what I used last night...

Bacon, Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Crescent Rolls
(Super Delicious Yum Yum)
1 can Crescent Rolls (dough)
Bacon (I always use the Hormel Crumbles - so the bacon is effortless)
Shredded Cheddar
Broccoli (I used fresh - but I am sure you can use frozen)
8 oz brick of cream cheese
1/2 c butter
Diced onions (green would probably be best - but I used yellow)

Throw everything together (except the crescent rolls) - mix. Cut your 'tube' of dough into 4 pieces. Flatten the dough out, plop a dollop of the mix in the center of the dough and completely cover the mix with the dough. So you end up having a baseball sized dough ball filled with yumminess.

Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes - or until the dough looks nice and golden.

That's it. I served it with a tomato salad (just diced tomatoes, salt, pepper and dressing of choice) Yum Yum.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails