Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Thai Peanut Chicken Salad

I have had such a hankering for Asian food lately. I am currently obsessed with finding the perfect sweet and spicy Asian chicken recipe that isn't too complicated (there's the trick!) With all my searching - I was craving something to help with my fix. This is it. I love this salad - it is so good - and perfect for summer.

Thai Peanut Chicken Salad
3 c cooked rice, chilled (I love Jasmine rice!)
2 c cooked chicken breast
1 c shredded carrots
1 c julienne or diced red & yellow bell pepper
1 c julienne or diced celery
1/2 c diced green onions
1/4 c cilantro
Thai Dressing (recipe follows)
1/4 c chopped peanuts

Combine rice, chicken, carrots, peppers, celery, onions and cilantro in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing and toss well to coat. Cover and chill for 1 to 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with peanuts.

Thai Dressing - Whisk together:
1/2 c Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki
1/4 c rice vinegar
3 T peanut satay sauce*
2 T sesame oil

*Satay sauce is found in the Asian Foods section.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails