Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Challenge and Enchilada Bake

My hubs has been out of town during the week for a few weeks in a row. With it being summer & considering that I have 3 kids under age 6 - I haven't done a lot of great meals lately. This week hubs is home all week - yahoo for us! And I have decided to issue a challenge to myself (it's really the best way to motivate me!) I will do Robin Miller (Quick Fix Meals on Food Network) style meals this week.

Tonight, I did all the leg work for what will be 3 home cooked meals this week. I cooked up 3 lbs of ground beef with 2 diced onions. Set 2 lbs aside for other meals this week - and used one to make one of our family favorites, the Enchilada Bake (similar to this dish) - We'll see what I come up with for the rest of the week! If you have any suggestions - I'd love to hear them!!

Enchilada Bake
1 lb ground beef
1 medium onion, diced
15 oz can black beans
1 pkg Taco Seasoning (2 T)
1 pkg Zesty Italian Dressing (Good Seasons dry packet)
2 c salsa
1 c sour cream
Cheddar cheese, shredded
Flour tortillas

Cook meat and onion until browned. Drain the fat. Add salsa, black beans, Taco seasoning and Italian dressing. Mix well. Pam your 9x13" pan (or in my case 2 8x8 pans) layer - two tortillas, meat mixture, 1/2 the sour cream then 1/2 the cheese. Repeat the layers. Cover with aluminum foil (I Pam it first) and cook at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes. We like ours served with fresh diced tomatos.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails