Sunday, August 23, 2009

Mahogany Chicken

My cute friend Jenny gave me this recipe. She made it as the directions say except that she used bone in chicken legs - not 'wings' as specified. Her 3 boys couldn't get enough of them! I was over at her house while her hubs and 2 sons were eating dinner and with all the yummy sounds, I asked her for this recipe. She did it the right way and served it with a little sauce on the side. This recipe is intended for chicken wings - next time I have wings, I will definitely try this marinade on them. I didn't have any on hand and I thought this sounded delish (right up my hubs alley) and as I have said I try to cater to him when he is in town (he has been travelling A TON lately and will be out of town all week this coming week - so - I'm a sucker)
I served this with one of our family fav's Roasted Carrots , if you haven't tried roasted carrots or roasted squash - you are missing out! Your kids will LOVE these veggies - and I can guarantee they won't be feeding them to the dog!

Since I wouldn't be baking the chicken in it's juices in the oven (hubs prefers grilled chicken) so I used boneless skinless chicken breasts and marinated them overnight in this sauce. It turned out very good - I can't wait to try this with wings! I think doing the sauce on the side as well (like Jenny did) is key - super delicious!

Mahogany Chicken
3 pounds chicken wings, split and tips discarded
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup molasses
2 tablespoons chile sauce
1 teaspoon ground ginger
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped


Place chicken in a shallow, medium dish. In a medium bowl, mix soy sauce, honey, molasses, chile sauce, ground ginger and garlic. Pour the mixture over the chicken. Cover and refrigerate approximately 1 hour, turning occasionally.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large baking dish, arrange chicken in a single layer. Bake in the preheated oven approximately 50 minutes, brushing with remaining soy sauce mixture often and turning once, until meat is no longer pink and juices run clear.

Yum. Nice and sticky, a little sweet and full of flavor - with the option of even more flavor if you add the sauce on the side.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails