Monday, August 31, 2009

Pizza Pasta

I can't remember where I saw this recipe - I am so bad at that. This recipe was very good - very family friendly. My sons favorite food is pizza. His least loved food group is protein. This dish combines the flavors he loves with the protein he really needs.
Pizza Pasta
8 ounces rotini pasta
1 pound lean ground beef
1 small onion, diced
1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
4 ounces sliced pepperoni sausage
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, cook beef with onion until beef is brown. Drain. Combine beef mixture with spaghetti sauce, pepperoni and cooked pasta and pour into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Top with mozzarella.
Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, until cheese is melted and golden.
*I had ground sausage (already cooked) in my fridge - so I added that as well.
This is a great 'inspiration' recipe. You can add whatever protein you want, as well as additional veggies if you'd like.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails