Thursday, September 24, 2009

Pumpkin Cookies

This is my all time favorite time of year and the FIRST thing I do EVERY year when I feel that fall nip in the air is make pumpkin cookies! This is a family recipe handed down for generations. I hope you all enjoy it!
3 Cups sugar
3 Eggs Beaten
1 cup shortening
6 cups of flour
1 Large can of pumpkin
3 tsp vanilla
3 tsp salt
3 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp nutmeg
12 (yes 12!) tsp baking powder

Cream shortening and sugar together. Add eggs. Add pumpkin. Mix dry ingredients together. Add to pumpkn mixture. Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes. They will be very moist. DO NOT overcook.
*Tip* Add all the spices to the pumpkin in seperate bowl, mix together and THEN add it to the shortening, sugar and eggs mixture. Continue on with rest of recipe.
This recipe yields at least 4 dozen. I usually get closer to 6-7 dozen when I make it. It is easiest to make in a Kitchenaid or other big mixer.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails