Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Cream Cheese Chicken with Broccoli


4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2" pieces

1 Tablespoon olive oil

1 package italian salad dressing mix

2 cups sliced mushrooms

1 cup chopped onion

1 can cream of chicken soup

1 bag (10 oz) frozen broccoli florets, thawed

1 package (8 oz) low-fat cream cheese, cubed

1/4 cup dry sherry

hot cooked pasta


Toss chicken in olive oil (I used boneless skinless chicken tenders - about 8 to feed my family of 3 w/ leftovers). Sprinkle with italian salad dressing mix. Place in Crock Pot. Cover; cook on LOW 3 hours.
Coat large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Add mushrooms and onion, cook 5 minutes over medium heat or util onions are tender.
Add soup, broccoli, cream cheese and sherry (I used 1/4 cup chicken stock instead of sherry - I couldn't find dry sherry at Smiths and I found this substitution online) to skillet; cook until hot. Transfer to Crock Pot. Cover; cook on LOW 1 hour. Serve chicken and sauce over pasta ( I used fetuccini).
This dinner was fantastic, I would highly recommend it!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails