Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Steamed Asparagus

My husband and I have always been big fans of steamed asparagus. I made it last night and much to my surprise - the kids liked it too! My 6 year old and 5 year old both asked for seconds! Super easy

Steamed Asparagus
Asparagus
EVOO
Salt
Pepper

The amounts depend on how much you are going to cook. Break the woody stalks off of the asparagus (if you have never done this - they easily yield and you want to break them approx. 3" above the bottom.) Add your EVOO to a saute pan over medium heat. Add asparagus, salt and pepper to taste. Cover and let steam for 8 - 10 minutes - depending on your preference. Try not to check on them too much - every time you open the lid, you let out the steam. Just let the steam do the work and shake the pan a few times so the asparagus gets evenly cooked.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails