Thursday, February 18, 2010

Review - Mario Batali's Eggplant Parmesan

I posted in my Sample Menu that I would be making this recipe. I did. It was not good. With my little party of 5 - there wasn't a single person that liked it - not a one.
I am not the best cook around - but this recipe is so simple. It was really salty (and I love salt - so that tells you something) and the eggplant was unappetizing - unedible really. It was rubbery, difficult to cut and chew.

Maybe this is a great recipe - and I just need more practice with eggplant. Maybe if you sliced the eggplant thinner (1/2") than suggested (1 1/2") or...

Have you tried this recipe? Do you have a go do Eggplant Parmesan recipe to share? Maybe our resident vegetarian, Jessica has the answer for us...

...anyhow - still searching...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails