These 'cupcakes' are made from little meatballs with mashed sweet potatoes on top...
This 'sushi' is made out of rice krispy treats, gummy worms and fruit roll-ups...
For the next 2 months, my family has decided to do a "Biggest Loser" competition between all of us. So ... I've had to be careful about what I cook for dinner making sure it's healthy and low in calories! I have found some GREAT recipes that we are going to try this week .... but here is one of our new favorites:
Biggest Loser Fried Chicken (made on the show by Chef Rocco)
2 pounds chicken tenders
1 quart low-fat buttermilk
2 cups whole wheat breadcrumbs
1 cup cornstarch
2 teaspoons paprika
1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon organic seasoning Salt
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
Large pinch cayenne pepper
4 egg whites, beaten to very soft peaks
Pam cooking spray or olive oil
1. Soak chicken tenders in refrigerator, in buttermilk, for 6 hours or overnight.
2. Drain and blot with paper towels to remove excess buttermilk.
3. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Lay bread crumbs out on a baking sheet and bake until golden brown, stirring occasionally, about 40 minutes. Cool.
5. Increase oven heat to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
6. Combine cornstarch, paprika, seasoning salt, black pepper, and cayenne in a large Pyrex dish - mix well.
7. Dredge drained and blotted chicken tenders in seasoned starch.
8. Next, coat dredged tenders thoroughly with beaten egg whites.
9. Last, dip tenders in toasted panko to fully coat.
10. Place chicken tenders on a foil-lined baking sheet, fitted with a baking rack. Lightly spray chicken on both sides with Pam and season lightly with salt, if desired.
11. Bake for about 12 - 15 minutes or until outside is crispy and chicken is just cooked through and juicy.
*** Instead of making your own panko bread crumbs ( I can never seem to find whole wheat bread crumbs at the store ) I just buy a box of panko bread crumbs and use those. It's a lot quicker to make this recipe that way.
For Eight ServingsNutrient Analysis - per serving Calories: 270Fat calories: 40Total Fat: 4gSat Fat: 1gChol: 65mgSodium: 210mgTotal Carb: 27gFiber: 2gSugars: 4gProtein: 28g
*** I found this recipe on the Biggest Loser website: http://www.nbc.com/the-biggest-loser . They have a lot of great recipes on there.