Saturday, March 13, 2010

CHALLENGE

One of my good friends (that just happens to live a few houses down) is moving! Boo hoo! This is relevent b/c we have talked several times in the last week about how she is trying to deplete her freezer goods before they move and how she has had to be extremely creative with meals.

Another good friend of mine told me that her goal was to spend less than $100 on groceries in a 2 week period. To be honest - I was shocked!! After thinking about it I realized that aside from our mortgage, food is our #1 expense!!! I think most people would agree.

It really got me thinking... thinking about how much money I could save if I could do that!! A darn near impossible feat (in my mind) but I really wanted to give it a try.

Since this plan has been floating around in my head for the last week or two, I have made a concious effort NOT to go to the grocery store (except for milk) for the last 7 days. I know that I will have to go to the store again to get bread - but I am limiting myself to those 2 things. Milk & bread.

Do you think you could do it??? Not just living on what you have in your pantry & fridge - but making noteworthy meals with what you have on hand - for a solid week??

This week will be a challenge at its best. It's Spring Break AND my husband will be in town all week. This means 2 things - I will be making 3 meals a day + 2 snacks a day for 7 days for 5 people (yes, when hubs is in town, he eats lunch at home or takes it with him).

Do you think you could do it??? Do you want to give it a try??? Leave a comment if you are going to try this with me - or even if you'll try this sometime soon...

We'll see how this goes - I hope to come up with some hum dingers!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails