Thursday, May 27, 2010

Navajo Tacos/Navajo Fry Bread

I overheard someone in the grocery store talking about having a Navajo Taco for lunch and I just HAD to have one too. Making the Navajo Fry Bread is so much easier than I thought it would be - and soooo delicious.
Here is a plain piece of Navajo Fry Bread...
My girls helped me roll them out into 8" circles (see easy!)
and here is the final product... super delicioso!
Navajo Fry Bread
4-5 cups flour
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
2 cups water

Mix dry ingredients. Stir in water and milk. Knead dough until incorporated. Cover and let rest 15 minutes.
Heat 1" vegetable oil in a deep skillet to 350 degrees (I use a candy thermometer).
Split dough into 6 pieces and roll them out until they are about 8” big. In the hot oil, quickly brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels.

Top with ground beef, shredded chicken, refried beans, pinto beans, black beans, corn, grated cheeses, salsa, lettuce, green onion, sour cream - whatever!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails