Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Meatloaf - Bacon Cheeseburger Style

As I've mentioned - I recently moved. Before the move, I was using up all of my 'freezer stuff' for dinners. Now, we are in the new house, I've been too busy to even hit the grocery store so the only thing I had in my freezer was 1 lb of ground beef.

It's hard for me to come up with ideas to use with ground beef. It's basically burgers, spagetti, burritos, etc...
Then it hit me - meatloaf - but kicked up somehow... this is what I came up with:

Meatloaf - Bacon Cheeseburger Style
1 lb ground beef
1 15 oz can of diced tomatoes (with the juice)
1/2 an onion, diced
1 lb bacon, crumbled
1 1/2 c cheddar cheese, shredded
1 stack of Ritz crackers, crumbled
Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder all to taste

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix with your hands. After it is all incorporated, put into a 9x13 casserole. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

When you put the meatloaf in the oven - it will be a solid(ish) piece. When it is done cooking, the meatloaf will be surrounded by a 'soup.' It's the juice from the can of the tomatoes, as well as the water that has cooked out of the tomatoes. This 'soup' keeps the meatloaf nice and moist - I had hoped that would happen and it did!! A little 'bonus' for me!

I used a slotted spoon to serve - so that all that is left on the plate is that delicious, moist meat. Sweets said "this is the best meatloaf I have ever had in my life" he is a good husband who compliments my food often - but he was raised having his mothers meat loaf as one of his favorite dinners - so I was pretty dern proud of myself:)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails