Thursday, January 13, 2011

Ham & Fontina Panini

I was trying to decide what to make for lunch today and I came up with this absolutely delicious sammie. While I was eating it I actually thought to myself "this is the best sandwich ever!" And even better - it's so freakin' easy!
Ham & Fontina Panini
2 slices deli ham*
Fontina, shredded
Mayonnaise
Salt
Pepper
Good bread
Butter

To make a really good sammie, you HAVE to start with good bread. Sourdough, ciabatta, whole wheat, today it was an Everything Bagel. Spread one side of the your sammie with mayo and season with salt and pepper (if I was making this for my hubby I would also add mustard). Top with ham and fontina (as much as you'd like). I've said it before and I'll say it again - fontina was born to melt. It's ooey gooey deliciousness gets me everytime. Top with your other slice of bread.

Spread butter on the outside of both slices of bread. Put in your panini press, George Foreman Grill, what have you and cook it until the cheese has reached it's maximum potential:)

*Ham - I get mine at Costco - it's fairly thick - none of that so thin you can see through it stuff
**You can also use a sautee pan with a heavy pan on top to get that 'squished' effect, some people even use bricks wrapped in aluminum foil to weigh their sandwiches down.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails