Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies

My sister Megan just emailed me this recipe. My sisters Megan and Brittany are dessert guru's - so I have it on good athority that these are good. In her email she wrote:

I just made this GREAT chocolate chip cookie recipe! It's sooo good!! It uses whole wheat and oatmeal, but my kids LOVE it! Go figure! It seriously is a great recipe. I was shocked! It tastes more like the Great Harvest Cookies than the other Great Harvest recipe I had.

Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies

*Makes about 4 dozen cookies
1 ¼ cups brown sugar
1 ¼ cups sugar
1 ¼ cups butter
3 eggs
1 ¼ teaspoon baking soda
1 ¼ teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 ¼ teaspoon salt
2 ½ cups white wheat flour
2 ½ cups oats (you can use either rolled oats or quick oats – I prefer the texture of quick oats in this recipe)
2 ½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cream butter and sugars together. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract. Stir in dry ingredients and mix well, then stir in chocolate chips. Scoop rounded tablespoonfuls of cookie dough onto greased (or lined) baking sheets. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.

*I'll make these soon and post a picture!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails