Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Adult Grilled Cheese Sammie

I was a short order cook tonight. I gave the kids their 'grilled sammie' options. My son wanted a plain old grilled cheese sammie. Both my daughters wanted tuna melts. Since I stumbled on this recipe for Tuna Sammies - it's the only way the tuna base is made in our house - the tuna, mustard, w-sauce, mayo, salt and pepper part. I made a tuna melt for my husband this past weekend and he said "growing up on tuna sandwiches and loving them is one thing. Eating tuna sandwiches this way - is just the best sandwich ever."

I didn't have either the grilled cheese or the tuna melt - I opted for an invention of my own...
Adult Grilled Cheese Sammie
2 slices sourdough bread 1" thick
Butter
Mayonnaise
Tomato, thinly sliced
Red Onion, thinly sliced
Basil Leaves
Mozzarella, shredded or sliced
Havarti, shredded or sliced
Salt & Pepper

Spread mayonnaise on one slice of bread. Salt and pepper to taste. Top with Havarti cheese. Top with tomatoes, onions and basil. Then top with Mozzerella and the other slice of bread. Butter the outsides of the bread. Grill in a panini - or cook in a skillet and use a heavy pan to smoosh the bread down. Cook until the cheeses are all melty and the bread is nice and golden.

This sandwich was a toothy bite. It could definitely feed 2 adults - depending on which part of the sourdough loaf you get your slices from - mine were from the middle - A HUGE sandwich!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails