Thursday, February 17, 2011

BASICS: Bacon

A family friend (my kids call her Nammy) mentioned HERE and HERE is one of the best chefs I personally know. Everything she makes is divine. Her and her daughter (my sister in law) mentioned HERE, HERE and HERE inspired me to be a better cook and to make things the right way - even though it takes more time.

Several years ago Eleanor gave me one of the greatest cooking tips ever. She learned this tip from watching "Good Eats" with Alton Brown...
The best, easiest way to prepare bacon: Line your baking sheet with aluminum foil. Lay out the bacon (this picture is of 1 lb of bacon). Put the bacon in a cold oven. Turn the oven to 400 degrees and set the timer for 25 minutes. That's it!! Perfect bacon.

Since every oven is different - I'd check your bacon around 20 minutes and then keep an eye on it the first time around to find out how long your bacon needs to cook in your specific oven. ENJOY!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails