Sunday, February 13, 2011

BASICS: Salad Dressing

I make all of my family's salad dressings myself. There is so much junk in store bought salad dressings that I feel like it's silly not to make your own. I forgot to add lemon juice and dijon mustard in this pic. Here is my arsenal... Apple Cider Vinegar, White Vinegar, Sesame Oil, Red Wine Vinegar, Honey, Rice Wine Vinegar, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Balsamic Vinegar, and even though the Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing Mix has some of the junk in it - the mix has far fewer of those ingredients than any salad dressing at the store...
This is what's currently in my fridge... Honey Lime Dressing, Mary's Vinagrette (made with White vinegar) and Ranch dressing
If you make a vinagrette, make sure you just make enough for the event/dinner. Home made vinagrette doesn't refrigerate well b/c of the olive oil, but you can't leave it out on your counter b/c mustard needs to be refrigerated.
Occasionally, I'll make Ranch from scratch using this recipe HERE.

Don't be intimidated. It's easy. It's much healthier than the alternative and it's delicious.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails