Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Skillet Lasagna

So this recipe is from the AMAZING blog of Sisters Stuff. These girls are great! I have been following their blog for awhile and using their ideas and recipes. I just love everything about them! This recipe has recently become a staple at our house. Even my picky baby loves the stuff and usually wants seconds! I modified it a little bit for our taste but here is the original recipe. You can find my add-ons and substitutions at the bottom. Enjoy! And PLEASE check out their site. SistersStuff.blogspot.com

Skillet Lasagna
1 pound ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove minced garlic
1 1/2 cups diced tomatoes, undrained
1 1/4 cups water
1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups bow tie pasta, uncooked
1 cup cottage cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Dash basil, pepper

In large skillet, brown beef with onions and garlic; drain. Add tomatoes, water, tomato sauce, parsley, basil, oregano, and salt. Mix well. Stir in uncooked pasta. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; cover, simmer for 20 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring once. Stir in cottage cheese. Cover with and Parmesan cheese, and sprinkle in basil and pepper to taste if desired. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.

Sisters Stuff Tips:
* I usually just use dried chopped onion and garlic. It is just easier for me.
* I strain the cottage cheese before adding it.
* I only add 1 tsp. dried parsley.

My subs:
*I have made it with ground beef and it is DELISH! But my hubs and I LOVE it with Italian sausage instead of ground beef. It is amazing!
*I also use italian flavored stewed tomatoes sometimes instead of diced tomatoes and it adds a lot of flavor.

Thanks Sisters Stuff for this recipe it really has become one of my "GO TO" meals. We LOVE it!

The picture shows mozzarella cheese on top instead of parmesan.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails