Saturday, April 9, 2011

Sweet Pasta Salad

This salad is from my husbands side of the family. I'm tellin' ya - you could put this dressing on pretty much anything and it would be lip smackin' good. When my husband had some of this today - he said how much he loves and has missed this salad. He also told me that I didn't add enough kidney beans (I know kidney beans right? It took a while for them to grow on me in this salad - but I have to tell you that now, I wouldn't make the salad without them!)

Sweet Pasta Salad
5 celery ribs, halved and diced
2 English cucumbers, sliced
2 bunched of radishes, sliced
2 c carrots, diced
12 oz pasta

Dressing:
1 c mayonnaise
1/2 c sugar
1/4 c red wine vinegar
1 red onion, diced

Assemble dressing ingredients except onion and beat until smooth. Add onions and incorporate well. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.

Then, cook pasta according to package directions. For the pasta, Tri-color rotini is especially attractive but I always use what I have on hand. Drain and rinse pasta with cold water. I usually put the pasta in the strainer (towel underneath) in the fridge while I chop all the veggies. Wash and cut all veggies. Add the veggies, pasta and dressing together. Mix well. Refrigerate until time to eat. This pasta is even better the next day!

*I make this without the pasta also - such a great way to get your kids to try new foods like radishes or kidney beans - paving the way for them to try them in a different venue.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails