Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Asian Slaw

I saw this awesome Asian Slaw on "Guys Big Bite" with Guy Fieri. It looked so good that I immediately put it on my "to make" list.

Last night, looking for a different way to use the bag of cole slaw mix in my fridge - it dawned on me... I could make this asian slaw - only without all of the ingredients - for me - it's all about the dressing. If I like the dressing, I can make the salad with some or all of the veg components - it turned out amazing - my 6 year old was actually licking her plate clean...


Asian Slaw
1/4 c EVOO, divided
3 T minced ginger
1 T minced garlic
2 T brown sugar
5 T soy sauce
4 T white wine
1 t sesame oil
1/4 c rice wine vinegar
1 c thinly sliced napa cabbage*
1/2 c thinly sliced green cabbage*
1 c julienned carrots*
1/2 c thinly sliced red onion
1/2 c thinly sliced red bell pepper
1/2 c thinly sliced bok choy
1/2 c bean sprouts
1/2 c julienned snap peas
1/2 c julienned green onions
15 wonton skins, fried
Peanuts, for garnish

In a small saucepan add 2 tablespoons olive oil, ginger and garlic, lightly saute until lightly brown. Add brown sugar, soy sauce, and white wine. Saute for 5 minutes and remove from heat. When cool whisk in olive oil, sesame oil and rice wine vinegar.
Mix all vegetables in a bowl and toss with dressing. Garnish with crushed wontons and peanuts.

*I used a bag of Cole Slaw mix from the produce department.
**I used Chow Mein Noodles (the dry, crunchy kind) and toasted almonds b/c that's what I had!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails