Saturday, May 7, 2011

Sleepin' In Omelette

We all love Pioneer Woman - I used to check her food blog a few times a week - but I haven't checked it in a while. Considering tomorrow is Mothers Day, I wanted to do something a little extra special for breakfast - but not have to do any of the work! I remembered that I read PW's "Sleepin' In Omelette" a few years ago - so I went on over to her blog, looked it up and just finished making it.

The picture is borrowed from good ol' Pdub - since mine is sitting in the fridge soaking up all that goodness and won't be cooked until tomorrow.

I made a few changes b/c I didn't want to run out to the store...


Sleepin' In Omelette - Ree Drummond, PW
6 whole Onion Rolls*
1 cup Grated Cheddar Cheese
8 ounces, weight Cream Cheese
1-½ stick Butter
10 whole Eggs
2 cups Milk
1 teaspoon Chopped Chives**
½ teaspoons Dry Mustard
½ teaspoons Salt
1 dash Cayenne Pepper
Preparation Instructions
Generously butter an 9×13 baking dish.
Tear onion rolls into chunks and place them in the bottom of the baking dish. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese, then tear cream cheese into small pieces and place over the top. Cut 1 ½ sticks butter into pats and place over the top.
Mix remaining ingredients and pour over the top of the dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
The next morning, bake at 325 degrees, covered, for 45 minutes. The remove foil and continue baking at 350 for 10-15 minutes.

*First substitution - I didn't have onion rolls - but I did have regular rolls. I tore the rolls up, then sprinkled them with a little garlic powder, dried minced onion and black pepper.

**Substitution 2 - I also didn't have fresh chives - so I just cut the green parts of some green onions into little pieces.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails