Saturday, June 11, 2011

Perfect Fingerling Potatoes

Sounds fancy shcmancy doesn't it? It's so easy you'll be amazed. I love to use fingerling potatoes to mix it up a bit. First, I love the way they look - the purple ones are my favorite. I wish I would've taken a picture of the inside of one of the purple potatoes - they are a brilliant amethyst color - breath taking.

I also love to use fingerling potatoes b/c you don't have to peel them or cut them and they cook really fast b/c of their size. I got this recipe from Alton Brown several years ago - he hasn't let me down yet! Give 'em a try!Perfect Fingerling Potatoes
4.5 quarts cold water
2 lbs fingerling potatoes
salt

Rinse all potatoes and add to a large (6 qt.) stock pot. Fill 3/4 of the way with water. Salt the water and turn the heat on to high. Bring to a boil and then cook for about 25 - 30 minutes - until the potatoes are fork tender. Remove from the pot to a cooling rack and let stand for 5 - 7 minutes. Serve with Chive Butter.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails