Saturday, August 13, 2011

Mexican Verano (Summer) Salad

I was at a local fav restraunt called the Flying Star Cafe the other night and saw an advertisement for this amazing salad (after I had ordered my dinner). It looked so good though that I wrote down the ingredients then and there - I knew I had to try it.

Verano means Summer and that is the perfect word to describe this salad. Crisp, refreshing, light and different. Ahhh the dog days of summer have some redeeming qualities don't they?

Mexican Verano Salad
1 c Jicama, shredded, diced or julienned
1/2 c White Cheddar, shredded
1 c Roasted Corn
3 or 4 c Romaine lettuce
1 c Grape Tomatoes
1/2 c Avocado, diced
Blue Corn tortilla strips (or chips)
*Grilled chicken
*Carrots, diced

Add all ingredients together and serve with Chipotle Honey Dijon Dressing - so delish!

*Not in the original salad

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails