Saturday, March 31, 2012

April Fools

I know I'm so late on this post!! I've shared a couple of fun April Fools food ideas HERE if you are looking for "FOOLISH" sushi & cupcakes. This year I decided to do something different...

Here's a picture of the 'Kool-Aid' - it's actually JELL-O. You'll laugh your head off when your kids try to drink this yummy trick. We've had these fancy wine glasses in our house forever. We use them for every special dinner - birthday's, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, etc. They are usually filled with sparkling grape juice or sparkling apple cider but tomorrow - they'll be filled with JELL-O!! I laugh everytime one of the kids tries to 'drink' this every year.I am also making "HAMBURGERS and FRENCH FRIES" for dinner. It's SO easy to pull this off. Here's what you'll need:

HAMBURGERS:
1 box vanilla cake mix (plus the called for ingredients on the box)
PAM
Chocolate frosting
Red, green, yellow frosting (there is a little box with those 3 colors of pre-made frosting at your local grocery)
Bake your cupcakes per directions. Let cool. Seperate the top part of the cupcake from the bottom part of the cupcake. Frost one side of the seperated cupcake with chocolate frosting (the meat). Decorate with the other color frosting colors to represent the tomato, lettuce and mustard you'd have on your hamburger.

For the "FRIES" I buy canned cinnamon rolls. Lay them out as one big piece and then cut them (scissors are so quick) into french fry sized pieces. Bake as directed on the package. Package them in an envelope you've cut with a semi-circle at the top. Serve with icing and/or strawberry jam (as ketchup)

*I promise to post pictures of all this fun food tomorrow!! Happy April Fools!!



***UPDATED!!
Here's my little kid enjoying his 'juice' I wish I would've gotten a picture of him when he actually tried to drink this Jell-O for the first time - he totally fell for it!! I can't believe he didn't remember that little trick from the past couple of years...
Here's a pic of the burgers, fries and ketchup...
Such a fun, fun dinner!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails