Saturday, March 3, 2012

"Protein" Ranch

I saw this posted on Pinterest and was very intrigued. I had to try it. I wasn't disappointed... def not my favorite salad dressing/dip but really pretty good.

I set out a bowl of it with some cucumbers and carrots for the kids to snack on and they ate it up just like they normally would. I didn't tell them that it wasn't the ranch I usually make - just to see if they would say anything.

My 7 year old (a true foodie at heart) asked me what I did different about half way through her snack. I asked her if she liked it and she said yes - but that it tasted a little different and she thought that it needed some salt (which is her go to fix for any recipe). My husband tasted it and had no complaints. He was impressed that it is so high in protein and low in fat...
Protein Ranch
24 oz low fat cottage cheese
2 packets Hidden Valley Ranch Buttermilk Dry Mix
1/2 c milk (you can use skim milk or water - I used 2% b/c it's what we have)

Put all ingredients in your blender and blend until smooth. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. Makes 32 oz.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails