Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Meal Planning Day 2

Ok, so you've done your pantry inventory, printed out your "MASTER LISTS" and are ready for the next step.

Think about meals that make a regular appearance at your dinner table. As your kids and your husband what their favorite meals are. Look through this website, cookbooks you have, interest - anywhere for ideas and options.

Then, write them down and group them into groups. You may group them like: Italian, French, American, Chinese, etc. but I decided to group mine like this: Beef, Chicken, Pork, Seafood & Vegetarian. I chose to do that b/c I like variety and I want to make sure as I meal plan that we aren't having ground beef every night.

Another awesome resource for meal planning is AllRecipes This website allows you to list ingredients you already have and they give you several recipes you can use those foods in.

Here's my list. I linked all the recipes I'm using that are on this site. I was seriously shocked to look up several of the meals that are regulars around here - only to find out that I've never posted them! I've been keeping them all to myself. Much to catch up on...

I'm not going to print and laminate this list because as the meal planning goes, I'm sure I'll be making changes to this list...

Beef

Meatloaf

Meatballs

Burritos

Beef Stroganoff

Enchilada Bake

Runnin' Ute Tailgate Chili

Taco Soup

Hamburgers

Carne Asada Fajitas

Pizza Pasta


Chicken

White Chicken Chili

Crock Pot Chicken Salsa

Creamy Ranch Chicken

Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta

Monterey Chicken Casserole

Chinese Simmer Chicken

Panko Crusted Chicken

Bacon Cheese Topped Chicken

BBQ Grilled Chicken

Chicken Puff Sandwich

Swiss Chicken

BBQ Chicken & Ranch Salad

Pesto Presto Italian Flag Chicken

Cafe Rio Chicken

Southwestern Lasagna

Cobb Salad

Queensland Salad

Caribbean Salad

Santa Fe Chicken Salad

Easy Parmesan Chicken


Pork

Lasagna

Pizza (pepperoni)

Spaghetti Carbonara

Grilled Pork Tenderloin

Baked Pasta with Sausage

Cafe Rio Pork Salad

Cheesy Potato & Ham Soup


Seafood

Tortilla Crusted Tilapia

Simple Salmon Steaks

Tuna Puff Sandwich

Divine Shrimp Pasta

Barefoot Contessas Shrimp Scampi


Vegetarian

Barefoot Contessa Gourmet Macaroni and Cheese

Brown Butter & Mizithra Cheese Pasta

Pasta Primavera

Bucatini and Broccolini Pasta

Stuffed Shells Florentine

Tortilla and Black Bean Pie

Jack's 3 Bean Soup

Creamy Tomato Basil Soup Deluxe

Black Bean Soup

Bean Burritos


So, now you have your 2nd assignment. Go and do and get ready for Day 3:)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails