Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Bacon Ranch Pea Salad

I saw this on Pinterest HERE - and just looking at the picture I was hooked!! My girls gobbled this up. Like - no salad left on their plates - gobbled up. Goo-oo-ood. Peas have never been popular in our house (although veg in general is) peas are not up there on the list - this recipe changes that for my kids.


Bacon Ranch Pea Salad
4 slices bacon*
1 quart water
1 (16 ounce) package frozen green peas
1/3 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup Ranch dressing
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Place bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat, and cook until evenly brown. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
Bring the water to a boil in a pot. Boil the peas 1 minute, until just tender, and drain. Cool peas under cold running water.
In a bowl, toss together bacon, peas, onion, Ranch dressing, and Cheddar cheese. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until chilled before serving.

*I used Kirkland's crumbled bacon bits in a pinch. And I used cheese cubes instead of shredded b/c that's what I had on hand. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails