Sunday, November 18, 2012

Deviled Eggs


I have revamped my deviled egg recipe!! I usually make these but I had tried a friends deviled eggs a few weeks ago and she told me that she used Miracle Whip. Hmmmm Miracle Whip. Controversial ingredient as far as I'm concerned. My husband grew up with it but prefers mayonnaise - and since mayonnaise may just be my favorite condiment of all time, I was skeptical.

I had a sweet friend, Suzy, come help me prep for a party and I asked her opinion on the matter. She suggested Miracle Whip. So, I compromised and the results were delicious!! When I was done, I asked Suzy to try one and tell me what she thought. She told me that she doesn't like deviled eggs just before putting one in her mouth!! Now even she wants the recipe:) Thanks Suzy!!

Deviled Eggs Remix
12 hard boiled eggs, sliced in half
1/4 c Miracle Whip
1/4 c mayonnaise
2 T fresh chives finely diced
1 - 2 T Grey Poupon
1T vinegar
Salt & pepper to taste

Remove yolks from boiled eggs. Add all other ingredients and stir to combine until incorporated and smooth. Pipe into the white egg halves and try not to eat all of them (like I nearly did). 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails