Sunday, November 11, 2012

Loaded Baked Potato Soup

When I came across this recipe - I couldn't believe that any kind of soup - let alone an amazing one like this with such basic ingredients - could turn out to be so delicious!!

We don't get many chill you to the bone, soup worthy days here in New Mexico - but today was one of them - and man oh man do I love these kind of days.

This is the first time I made this soup and it is an instant favorite. I highly suggest adding all the toppings - so so so delish...

Loaded Baked Potato Soup
30 oz frozen shredded hashbrowns
42 oz chicken stock
14 oz cream of chicken soup
1 yellow onion, diced
Salt and pepper to taste
8 oz cream cheese

Add all the ingredients except cream cheese into a crock pot and cook on low for 6 hours. The last hour, add the cream cheese. Serve with sour cream, shredded cheddar (or pepper jack!) cheese and bacon bits! So, so, so wonderful - can't wait to make this again!!

*Another great thing about this soup is that it makes enough to feed 2 families!! I always love meals that are enough to share - someone is always in need of a meal:)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails