Monday, March 11, 2013

Avocado, White Bean and Tangy Slaw Wrap


I saw an idea similar to this one on pinterest. Though, when I looked the recipe I saw that chili's in adobo sauce was the main flavor element. I've tried chili's in adobo sauce many times in many applications and I've finally decided that it's not something that will ever please my flavor pallet. 

With that said - I made a few changes to this recipe HERE to make it suit my tastebuds. Because that's what you do don't you?? Find and idea and then change it to suit your tastes or the tastes of those you cook for. 

There are so many ways to use a few basic ingredients to make a fab lunch or light dinner - see *below for another wrap I made today!


Avocado, White Bean, and Tangy Slaw Wrap
1 T EVOO
1/4 t salt
Pinch sugar
3 T apple cider vinegar
2 – 2 ½ c coleslaw mix (undressed)
1/4 chopped fresh cilantro
1 can white beans, rinsed
1 avocado, pit removed and scooped out of skin
2 T minced red onion
Wraps or tortillas ( I love Garden Spinach Herb)

Whisk first 4 ingredients together in a large bowl. Add coleslaw mix and cilantro, toss to combine.
Mash beans and avocado in another medium bowl with a potato masher or fork. Stir in onion.
To assemble the wraps, spread about 1/2 c of the bean-avocado mixture onto a wrap and top with about 2/3 c slaw. Roll up.  Serves 4

*I was hungry for that avocado white bean combination again - but didn't have what I needed to replicate the above recipe. SO. I made a wrap with 1/2 avocado, mixed with a light drizzle of my favorite oil on the planet (Costco's mediterranian blend - grape seed, canola & olive oil), light drizzle of a good balsamic vinegar (Costco also has my fav), dash salt, dash sugar. Mix together to incorporate all the flavors into the avocado mash. Spread avocado down the middle. Top with diced beef steak tomato, shredded carrot and the green parts of a green onion. It was so delicious!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails