Thursday, March 21, 2013

Chicken and Cream Cheese Taquitos

My son saw the chicken mixture in a bowl on the counter and said "what in the world is for dinner?" "Trust me buddy" as we sat down to eat - he gave me his usual list of questions (what is in it - how did you cook it, etc.) with my assurance that if he didn't like it - he didn't have to eat it (which is how I get my kids to eat everything) he took a bite and exclaimed "Holy man that is good!" Chances are if my picky eater loved it - your picky eater may too.

I saw this recipe on Pinterest with a link HERE - I just tweaked the recipe to suit my family. 



Chicken and Cream Cheese Taquitos
3 cups cooked shredded chicken (rotisserie is the best but you could used canned too)
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 c sour cream
1/2 c salsa
3 green onions, diced
1 1/2 c cheddar cheese, shredded*
Salt and pepper, to taste
9 - 10 (6-inch) flour tortillas
Vegetable or canola oil, for frying

In a large bowl mix together the chicken, cream cheese, sour cream, salsa and cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Working with one tortilla at a time spread 2 heaping tablespoons of the chicken mixture on 1/3 of the left side of the tortilla (the side that you will roll first) and spread out like a log. Roll up starting with the chicken side first and set seam side down on a platter. Repeat until all the tortillas are filled and rolled.
Add enough oil to a large skillet to generously cover the bottom. Heat on medium to medium-low heat, cook tortillas in batches, turning to brown each side. Remove to paper towels to drain.

Serve with: sour cream, guacamole, salsa, salsa verde - whatever you have that sounds good!

*Would also be really good with Pepperjack cheese


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails