Sunday, May 19, 2013

Sweet & Spicy Shrimp Tacos

I asked a friend of mine what her favorite menu item at Chili's is and she said "the Spicy Grilled Shrimp Tacos." I've never tried them - but knew I had to try them and soon. I wasn't disappointed! They are seriously so delicious.

Then, of course, I was on a mission to re-create them at home. Once again, I was not disappointed - these were fan-tastic!! I looked over a few recipes for shrimp tacos and ended up with what I think is the perfect marinade for the shrimp. I already have a favorite Lime Cilantro Coleslaw - so I was half way there:)


Sweet & Spicy Shrimp Tacos
Avocados, sliced
Lime and Cilantro Coleslaw

For the Marinade
3 Tbsp light brown sugar
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 Tbsp cumin
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 c olive oil
24 raw shrimp (31-40)*

Peel and devein shrimp. Preheat the grill.

Mix all the dry ingredients together for the marinade. Put shrimp in a gallon size ziploc bag, add the dry ingredients and the olive oil. Make sure that each piece of shrimp is covered in the marinade. Marinate for 15-20 minutes.

Put the shrimp on skewers. We put aluminum foil on the grill and cook it that way. Grill shrimp for about 2-3 minutes per side flipping only once.

Assemble the tacos!! Shrimp, coleslaw, sliced avocados, tortilla. Try not to eat all of it yourself - or do - they are seriously that good.

*31-40 refers to the size of shrimp I used. There are 31 to 40 shrimp per pound. Whether you buy frozen raw shrimp in a bag or frozen or raw shrimp from the seafood counter, this is the way they are categorized.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails