Thursday, August 15, 2013

Meatloaf

I went out of town for a few days on a girls trip - when I got home I wanted to surprise Sweets with a good home cooked meal. I decided on meatloaf - but I wanted to try a more basic recipe. I thought of all the things I love about meatloaf - as well as all the things I hate about it. This recipe is a combination of about 4 recipes and a little from my head. Big hit. Even my 5 year old had seconds!!



*By request I made this again last night - and remembered to take a picture:)

I made this recipe up 10 years ago!! WOW! Since then, our family has grown in number and we now have 2 adult children and 2 teenaged children! So - I've updated it to suit our current needs. To make it easier on myself - I'm going to write down my current amounts! I'll note the original recipe below the cooking instructions.

Meatloaf
2.5 lbs ground beef
1 1/2 c Italian bread crumbs
5 eggs
salt & pepper
garlic salt
1 onion, shredded
1 c shredded cheddar cheese

Topping
1 c ketchup
3 T mustard
1/3 c brown sugar

Whisk eggs until combined. Add bread crumbs and combine thoroughly. Add salt, pepper and garlic salt to taste (about 1/2 t each). Add hamburger, onion and shredded cheese. Combine. Put into loaf pan. I put it into the 2 navy & white 8x6 casserole dishes.

Combine ingredients together and pour over loaf. Cook at 350 degrees for 45 minutes - temp at 155 - allow to rest.

ORIGINAL RECIPE
1 lb. ground beef
1/3 - 1/2 c Italian bread crumbs
2 eggs
salt
pepper
garlic salt
1/2 onion, diced
1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese

Topping:
1/3 c ketchup
1 T mustard
2 T brown sugar

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails