Monday, September 9, 2013

Veggie Yakisoba

I've seen a lot of "pins" on Yakisoba on pinterest lately and I was curious. It looks like ramen noodles with veg to me - so I looked it up. Curious.

Then I thought - like every family in America (whether or not you admit it) that I have ramen in my pantry and I just happened to have a package of cole slaw - sans dressing in the fridge. I also had teriyaki sauce on hand - brilliant and ridiculously easy.
Veggie Yakisoba
3 packages ramen noodle soup (minus the seasoning packet)
1 bag prepared coleslaw mix (green and purple cabbage and shredded carrots)
Fav teriyaki sauce
1/2 onion, diced
Sunflower seeds for extra crunch

Cook ramen noodles per directions - don't use seasoning packets.

In a large pan, sautee onion in a little butter until soft and sweet. Add coleslaw mix and teriyaki sauce. I didn't measure - you want the teriyaki to add flavor - but not drown your veg. Go light - you can always add.

When noodles are cooked, add to the veg mix. Use tongs or chopsticks to combine everything together.  Serve to your family and watch their eyes light up as they enjoy this ridiculously inexpensive and delicious veggie dinner!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails