Friday, November 29, 2013

Festive Turkey Appetizer

My girls really wanted to be involved in making our Thanksgiving meal this year - which was fun and a bit challenging to find work for a 9 year old and a nearly 6 year old to do. I make everything from scratch - so...

I saw this cute idea on Pinterest and set the girls at it.
Our local grocery store was out of Granny Smith apples - so we used pears instead. I bought a few Gala apples and a few Fuji apples. I also couldn't find caramel sauce - so I bought a bag of caramels - had the girls unwrap them, but them in a microwave safe bowl with 2 T water and melted it 30 seconds at a time. We used candy corns to (sort of) make a turkey face.

It kept the girls happy and they felt like they had accomplished something and contributed to dinner.

*And of course, I let them help out where ever else they could - I love to see the satisfaction on their faces after helping/making something themselves.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails