Sunday, January 19, 2014

Tomato Salad

I got this recipe from good ol' Pioneer Woman. I made her 4 cheese pizza with pesto and she suggested topping the pizza with this little ditty. She adds additional basil to hers - but I felt like the pesto on the pizza was enough. I had it on my pizza - and then as a side to the sandwich I had for lunch the next day.

The acid from the tomatoes pairs perfectly with all that cheesy goodness...



Tomato Salad:

1/4 cup olive oil

5 cloves garlic, finely minced

1 pint red grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise

1 pint yellow grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise

1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar

Salt and pepper

Combine all ingredients except tomatoes until incorporated. Add tomatoes and gently stir until all those little gems are covered.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails